PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Light Twin" fatal at Hawarden
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2013, 20:31
rustle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pace, there are far too many occurrences within this tread for me to quote each one, however you keep on about

That is great if the pilot can peg blue line regardless of a climb level flight or descent but sadly few rarely do.
Very bad accident and fatality statistics on loosing an engine
[sic]

but I cannot find any statistics to back this up.

In fact, if we were to even consider your comment for a moment we would expect to see far more ME aircraft appearing in the AAIB bulletins each month as every MEP training flight, exam and renewal; every [ME]IR training flight, exam or renewal, contains a considerable element of asymmetric flight, EFATO (possibly at 200') etc.

But they aren't.

...and to take this consideration even further...

Does this mean lots of instructors or examiners (including CAAFU examiners) are signing people off who cannot hold blueline (Vyse)?

That these same examiners are actually having to take control but *still* signing people off?

Hell of a supposition!

The records are not bulging with MEP fatalities, they are 'news' because they are very rare events.

Sensible discussion about Vmca, blueline, banking-to-live etc all very good, useful discussion

Dubious "statistics" don't help anyone except headline writers or Russell Brand and, when I last checked, we ain't either...