PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Student pilots learning in aircraft On Condition??
Old 28th Nov 2013, 17:44
Genghis the Engineer

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Koosaima
..More frustrating than anything, we've been planning to buy this plane for about two months, on a budget got a really good deal, and we've even test flown it.

talk about dangle a carrot. I do think it's a bit ridiculous if the CAA can let the owner learn to fly on condition, what's the difference in letting a second person fly

Just out of curiosity are the consequences an instant ban?, fine? or is it more severe?

There are some good aircraft available, but I think after all this I'm going to leave it and concentrate on my ppl first. thanks again.
The logic is that if you are not yet a qualified pilot, you are not yet fully qualified to accept the risks of an aeroplane that is partly the responsibility of other people, unless it is at the highest standard of airworthiness oversight.

Once you have licences, running that aeroplane as a syndicate is no problem at-all.

It's just how it is to be honest - in this case your choices are either get that airframe back onto full maintenance (which probably means resetting the engine, which is expensive), buy something else, or get your licences then buy the aeroplane you want.

That said, if setting up a syndicate, it's a good idea to have at-least one member who has owned an aeroplane, or part of an aeroplane, before. Or an experienced owner willing to provide a bit of support and mentoring.

Originally Posted by Koosaima
Just out of curiosity are the consequences an instant ban?, fine? or is it more severe?
Primarily for the instructor - I think he could be looking at quite severe penalties. A recent fatal accident led to prison after an instructor was found to have cut legal corners in a student's training on their own aircraft. BBC News - Fatal helicopter flight instructor Ian King found guilty

G