PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - STANSTED - 2
Thread: STANSTED - 2
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2013, 17:39
Chopper69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The big problem for STN is that it causes traffic dilution between LGW (much higher yield) and LTN (HO and a good North London catchment area). Before the 'GO' merger (takeover!), 'GO' were approached by LTN Airport Authority and were offered a very good deal to operate there because they were at the time, sick of Stelios. The numbers were crunched and of course, traffic dilution was a big factor, hence the decision to open a base at EMA which doesn't dilute STN, but does dilute LTN. SEN could prove to be a bit of a master stroke, it's customer friendly, in a way that STN used to be on the Northside and as long as EZY keep the routes simple, the whole of the East End will turn up! My Daughter pressed the 'S' button when she came back from AMS at the very start of the EZY operation, she wanted STN, not SEN! so I went and picked her up, a very pleasing experience, car parking right outside the Terminal, etc. This was a Sat morning and I thought 20, maybe 30 people on the flight, it was full!