PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - P2F Scheme
Thread: P2F Scheme
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2013, 11:48
pilotcpb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you guys just keep coming back to this "i deserve a job flying a boeing/airbus right out of flight school, waah waah waah the industry is so hard i had no choice but to pay these guys for my job, waah waah waah you would do the same thing, tis not my fault" type of mentality...... i still cannot understand this idea that you are gaining something by PAYING for a job that instead should be PAYING you a fair salary....

how much is flying training today, is $50K a good guess for CPL-IR-ME? maybe not the best numbers but at todays rates, your flight training, a purchased type rating, and paid line training could easily reach $130K ($50K for basic flight training, $30K for a TR, and $70K for line training). and then what about your living expenses for a few years of flight school and then during your 3 years of flying for free; you are looking at massive debt...... if you actually can make it to a real job that ACTUALLY pays you money to fly an airplane, you'll be living like a college student for quite a while, paying off all your loans, while the rest of us can actually live like normal people.

singapore was mentioned earlier, a perfect example of the damage that has been done to our career by these P2F guys. SIN is a great city that also happens to be incredibly expensive, and instead of getting a great salary and benefits that allows a guy to live a normal lifestyle with (possibly) ones wife and kids while saving some money away, SIN is inundated with stepping stone jobs that leave you in debt......

expat flying is one of the last frontiers for us trying to actually MAKE money in aviation now that EU/USA salaries are crap, and you guys are steadily ruining it.