PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Student pilots learning in aircraft On Condition??
Old 28th Nov 2013, 11:34
Koosaima

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Student pilots learning in aircraft On Condition??

Hi, I'm a student pilot 21 hours in and after much thought I decided to buy a Socata TB-10, the owner and I have come to an agreement and the insurance company has written out a policy for me.

.....however

Yesterday I came across a small problem. The aircraft's engine has only done about 1600 hours (which is within its lifespan) but its more than 12 years old. which means it's "on condition".

I learn't that student pilots might not be able to learn in aircraft on condition.

I need to know whether myself and a friend can learn to fly in this aircraft legally if the aircraft is privately owned by myself.

My instructor is happy to teach us, the abinitio insurance policy means he can and he will be under the policy as a named pilot as well.

I'm confused because at the moment I'm learning to study in Robins which are 30 years old. (mind you I suppose the engines are overhauled within 12 years because of he amount of usage).

Anyway this question about students fly on condition will make or break the sale. Sadly they'll be no point in me buying this aircraft if I cant learn to fly in it.

If anyone can help me on this topic and give me a solid answer that would be great

Many thanks

Karl.