PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 9
Thread: Ryanair - 9
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2013, 19:43
racedo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ryanair's new deliveries don't start until October 2014 and there are no others on order before them (at least not that have been announced). According to the latest investor presentation, the fleet size at the end of FY14 (March 14) will be 300, down from 303 for summer 2013. The projections are for growth to 308 by March 2015.

So either Ryanair need to get their hands on 20 additional aircraft very quickly, or existing bases are going to start losing aircraft, routes or frequencies. By my reckoning, 7 to 8% of all flights would need to be 'churned' to provide the level of capacity required for the new routes. If this is the case, we can expect widespread cuts to existing services. I wonder which airport contracts are up for renewal over the next few months?
Think I have commented on it before here that least 7-8 frames available from lease co's now at Snn and probably a few more readily available if reqd.

Also Avolon Lease co has worked with FR previously and they have 14 on order, no idea of delivery time or whether allocated to customers.

Also possibly Boeing may be of assistance to one of its biggest customers.