PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus Regional
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2013, 15:55
Jack1985

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually, now that you bring up the AT43s Jack, how are they doing on reliability do you know? I suppose now they're getting near to the 25 year old mark that Christoph Mueller wouldn't really want them flying about displaying the Shamrock much longer. So what will RE do in the coming months and years regarding this fleet?

As for growing the fleet, I believe that RE may wish to convert their two options into firm orders.
I'm not sure about the ATR43's haven't seen them around Cork in a long while! They seemed to have better reliability than the aircraft leased from Air Contractors though! I would hope they would be retired although they seem to be the perfect aircraft to fly on the marginal routes like the Blackpool, Bournemouth, Isle of Man and Kerry so maybe we could the ATR46's sometime?

Wasn't too sure about those further two options for new ATR76's, good to know!

REH was leased from ATR wasn't it?
I believe so along with REI, I'd have to wonder though maybe Aer Arann had to or have to pay some compensation to ATR after that heavy landing with REH in Cork back in May 2012? I remember her being parked up for a few weeks in Cork with technicians around her on a daily basis.

SLN was due to be returned to Air Contractors in Dec 2013 but maybe thats gone already?
The Regional fleet consists of the following now;

ATR42-300
EI-BYO
EI-CBK
EI-CPT
EI-EHH

ATR72-201
EI-REI

ATR72-500 (72-212A)
EI-REL
EI-REM (Going to Myanma Airways anytime now)

ATR72-600 (72-212A)
EI-FAS
EI-FAT
EI-FAU
EI-FAV
EI-FAW

Returned Aircraft

ATR72-201
EI-REH went back to Toulouse on the 25th of November 2013.

ATR72-212
EI-SLL was returned back to Air Contractors on the 25th of April 2013.
EI-SLN was returned back to Air Contractors on the 29th of October 2013.

To other operator

ATR72-500 (72-212A)
EI-REO now flying with Myanma Airways since the 21st of October 2013.
EI-REP now flying with Yangon Airways since the 16th of July 2013.