PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Higher apprenticeship scheme pilot studies middlesex university
Old 27th Nov 2013, 14:39
Lakhan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maintenance loan is up to £5k year. Most people get around £3-4K. This is per year and you have to pay it back. Maintenance grant is similar however you wont have to pay it back. (Up to £5k again) However there is an eligibility criteria, mostly depending on household income. E.g You can get a maintenance loan of lets say 5k and apply for a grant, which you may only get 3k. Only 2k would have to be paid back.

Considering that 27k gets eaten up by the Uni (even though you don't do 3 years at campus), I would assume that you would get 3 years of maintenance loans/grant. (If you're eligible of course every year). An email answer from ASP: "I think the only one that perhaps would not be on there is that although the course is not 3 years - the loans are over levels or years so in this case it's the 3 levels."

To be honest you would really get around between 10k-21k off the initial 75k CTC ask for, leaving you with around 55k+ to find under your carpet.

MJ:
Fire back an email asking if the maint is refused what will happen.
The "brochure" clearly states you have to be eligible for it. If refused then tough luck I guess

And what happens if this cash is not available what happens.
. The boot I guess