PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Point-Merge'.
Thread: 'Point-Merge'.
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2013, 13:08
soaringhigh650

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SH650, for someone ostensibly based in the USA why such an interest and such strong feelings about UK ATC in general and the London area in particular?
It's historical. I also have a base in SE England so fly there sometimes. Generally no problems in the air and work with some excellent controllers. Main issue is being kept unnecessarily low: less than 2400ft due to Class A above. I am not IFR rated. What mainly winds me up are the NAT$$$ trolls on here who see GA as a dangerous interference and keep asking for loads and loads of money if I want to fly higher and use their sacred airspace.

London airspace is beginning to be redesigned therefore the founding design principles must be correct or else it will be Class A down to the ground and Nimmer, anotherthing, HD, and several others here drinking plenty of champagne having run their successful secret agenda of eradicating GA.

Jwscud, the CTRs seem largely a non-issue compared with everything else in SE England. They actually allow (S)VFR flight. However we don't all fly less than 2000 ft.

Last edited by soaringhigh650; 27th Nov 2013 at 13:27.