PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Life after Lion Air
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2013, 08:07
PGP737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@nostep
PGP737 is called safety safety safety at the expensive of saving money, I will spell it to you, what major airlines give Command at 3000 hours? None I wonder why?
READ READ READ AGAIN... where do you see the 3.000 hours??? Thats lion req.
The minimum req. at rishworth is 4.000 hours !!!
I know a lot of good f/o's with more than that and they still fly at right seat.
So why not make a change at your life? IF you pass the sim ride and IF you are good they will upgrade you to captain... simple...
They have failed a lot of expats before so IF your are good enough you will survive.
My friends there tell my about DGCA is not happy with the expat upgrade.

As you are aware Lion Air is facing a shortage of Crew for many reasons, lack of pay is very high on the list if Lion Air upped there pay the same as China maybe things will be reversed but they have opted through Rishworth to try the cheap and nasty way, why we have to ask with this upgrade program the New Commander doesn't get paid the same as all other Commanders once passed his Line Check, do the Maths,
You are wrong. The local captain is paid around 3.300 USD plus per diem at present time. So if they offer 6.000 up to 6.500 USD its better money from the local contract at 39 mil IDR.
I don't say that money is a good salary for experienced captains but for a beginner sure is.

so good luck to the guys coming with min hours I think most will finish Line Training on the right or going home, as this part of world is known for its challenging flying and has no room for make believers.
You are correct on that. Already happen.