PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL Frozen In Asian Countries
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2013, 05:35
training wheels

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've known a lot of expat folk with no experience getting work in the likes of Tiger (Singapore), Cebupac (Phils) and multiple airlines in (Indo).
That used to be the case in Indonesia up until about 12 months ago. But now with the new ruling as I've mentioned above, it's impossible.

I would settle flying with a very small commuter airline anywhere in Asia or Europe to gain experience. Of course asia being the most sought.
I'd say, as a foreigner, getting in to a commuter airline in Asia with just the bare minimums of a CPL/IR with ATPL subjects completed would be down right unrealistic in today's job climate.

There is no way I will be going back to the U.S.
I don't think you have a clear understanding of what you're in for, in this industry. Many pilots will take any opportunity they can get, just so that they can get a start in this industry. In Australia, young guys and girls fight over one another in the middle of nowhere just so they can fly tourists around in a C206 or C210 just to build hours and get a foot in the door of the industry. That's the sort of will and sacrifice that people make to get a start in the industry. With out that, you won't be getting far.