PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dick Smith to ASA: "See you in Court!"
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2013, 21:39
Dick Smith

Received 69 Likes on 28 Posts
That's the whole point. I was informed that concessions would be allowed in a similar way to the RVSM concessions.

That is what the CASA Director wanted but it appears that AsA have refused to " allow" such a concession. I am told they have no legislative basis for such a refusal..

Most importantly the military have refused to comply due to cost reasons and the airlines will be allowed to fly non ADSB for up to three days while the equipment is repaired.

So it is clear that the airspace can be safely operated with non ADSB equipped aircraft in a similar way to the RVSM concessions .

I am happy to take any delays from being provided with the full procedural separation that happens at the present time. No one has said the present system does not give adequate safety levels.

It is basically shear bastardry from a monopoly profit making business that wants to please the Airlines that provide 95% of its profits and to hell with the small charter operators that have to install temporary band aid expensive solutions