PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Point-Merge'.
Thread: 'Point-Merge'.
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2013, 21:23
zonoma

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Many Tentacles - last time I saw it, both profiles from the south are the same via GWC (new track may go slightly further south) and BEXIL (other than trying to get traffic transferred from Reims at lower levels to allow better descents) but not entirely sure beyond that, but think the arcs are flown at FL90/100.

DelPrado, LAMP has many functions and Point Merge is a "and you will do it by also implementing this". There was no option whether is was better or not, if it saved controllers/fuel etc or fitted into the airspace available. The fuel benefit of LAMP is to eventually get the departures airbourne with a much better climb profile (I saw ridiculous figures for savings for a heavy from Heathrow to Singapore on a DET/DVR sid getting airbourne climbing to 10,000ft and further expected by BIG instead of fuelling to remain at 6,000ft to DET.)

Soringhigh650, I try so hard to ignore your rubbish, but you got me biting.
That might been some holding or re-routing or altitude changes. No problem.
In the London TMA that is a MASSIVE problem, there is no rerouting space available or extra holding time available (no delay means up to 20 minutes which the airport/airlines already plans for) UNLESS the amount of traffic currently moved through the airspace is vastly reduced. The LAMP project redesigning elements of the London TMA is a lengthy project that NEEDS MORE Class A to work (it may become Class C, but VFR will be on prior approval for special flights only). Just accept that in the London TMA it is the way it has to be and that will not change for a long long time, if at all.