PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MT big brother AKA Trimble
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2013, 17:34
Mr C Hinecap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My employer is MOD and I'm not aware of such models being procured for use by Stn execs or higher levels of command.

So what? This has no bearing upon your car or it's suitability. The glib answer would be 'RHIP - get promoted then' and Wg Cdrs got Corsa level cars last time I saw them.

The MT contractor where I work deems it the cheapest solution versus the maximisation of profits. Two very different things.

That has nothing to do with the car you used - which is approved for use on UK roads and meets all required standards.

As an advanced driver, just what technique do you recommend exactly for accelerating onto a motorway/dual carriageway? Are you suggesting stopping at the intersection until there is a gap in the traffic?

Whatever magic technique the other people driving similar cars or other slower vehicles use. It seems to work. I've seen them on the roads.

As for public transport - what budgetholder would approve a mixture of rail travel and taxis at huge expense when MT is duly available?

There members of the Armed Forces who can't / won't drive. They use public transport. If yo want to read the regs it is still probably the default mode of transport and what you'd be offered if a car were not available.

Your wants and needs are not the same thing, and that has forever been something MT suffers from. Special customers want a gold-plated turbo-charged air-conditioned answer, when what they need is a metal box with not much more than a wheel at each corner and a steering wheel. If it were the Army bitching about the crappy transport fleet you'd shrug and say 'that's what we've got, sorry. We want better.', yet some poor bugger in MT is at fault for dealing the cards played?