PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First radio failure
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2013, 15:17
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So when did that change? Have we really got a generation of FIs now who just aren't teaching their students how to cope in the air without a voice at the end of the line - or who are passing out the message that RT helps aeroplanes fly?
About sums it up.

The FI's will poo themselves never mind the student.

And as GPS becomes more prevalent in training aircraft as AA states there will be more and more who have never flown without the GPS being the sole navigation means for all intent and purposes.

I think the days of those of us that turn the sod off while in class G are numbered.

The look of horror when doing a check ride for SEP my actions for an Alternator failure were to turn the master switch off and continue to enjoy the flight and then when returning to land turn it back on were rather amusing from a 400 hour FI. In the end his only valid point was we wouldn't have time to fix it before the next lesson. But he was rather confused and somewhat hurt when I told him he was talking pish about an alternator failure being worthy of a mayday on a day VFR flight in class G.