PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2013, 10:53
G-F0RC3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Be very careful about making assumptions about the BA process.
I think we are being careful about the assumptions we are making. They seem sensible to me. Clearly everyone should go into the process and try their best at every phase. But I genuinely don't see any harm in trying to figure out what separates the best from the rest.

The tests are pass/fail...
Oh and the comments above about excusing a few elementary errors in maths due rustiness-way off the mark.
These two points seem contradictory to me? If the test is a pass/fail and I pass having made a few elementary arithmetic errors, then my pass would be as good as any other pass - and my trivial errors therefore excused.

The interview is not make/break, if you are marginal your overall performance is taken into account.
This doesn't seem to tie up with your other comments. If you are correct about the tests being pass/fail, then it's fair to say that that top n% will all pass. Therefore, the key method of differentiating them from each other would be the interview, suggesting that it is - in fact - make or break.

The process is the fairest interview/test process I have ever been involved with, and I have been involved in recruitment in several companies/industries.
So are you suggesting that you are actually involved in the BA FPP recruitment process? If not then I would assume you are an applicant like the rest of us; and therefore how are you in a stronger position to state for certain one way or other how it all works? On the other hand, if you are involved directly - please do inform us of exactly how it all works.