PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL Frozen In Asian Countries
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2013, 09:43
Piper2897m

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATPL Frozen In Asian Countries

I will explain this the best way I can

I was born in the UK, my mother is American, I can work in america or the UK, When I was 5 I moved from the UK to america, I got my PPL, IR, CPL, ME (FAA)by the time I was 25. Then I moved back to the UK, since then I have not done much flying or studying. But I have come into some money and would like to restart my aviation studies. I will be studying for my ATPL Frozen in the UK. So when I finish my ATPL I will have IR, CPL, ME < FAA and JAR ATPL frozen qualification. I would like to find a Job in South east Asia area, I have been there many times and I like the people and lifestyle. I have been told by a very experienced pilot there that any airline that will hire me usually will convert the FAA to their standards and take care of the paperwork.(is this mostly true?) Also, I would like to Confirm that the ATPL frozen is a valid qualification when it comes to employment in Asia, in a nutshell, what countries accept the ATPL frozen as a form of qualification. I appreciate any professional answers. Thank you