PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA needs a rocket.
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2013, 08:15
wingz5000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CASA needs a rocket.

Some twenty years ago I needed to renew my licence. So I had a medical one day and fronted up to the CAA (or whatever it was called then) and they looked at the medical cert and renewed my Licence.
Now in this lightning electronic age, the time estimate for renewal AFTER they have received all the paperwork? Up to 28 Days!!!!!!!
I am now applying for a certificate of validation to fly OS, and need proof of my qualifications. Well it took me all of 5 minutes to download,fill in the appropriate application form as well as the CC payment form $50 thank you, and flick it back.
Four days later after receiving no more than their automated response, I called and after a wait of 10 minutes or so finally got thru to a human. So I explained the situation, and well the human couldnt find my email, and could I send it again please? Certainly, clicked resend, and " please when may I expect to receive the now paid for form,?" Oh up to 14 days!!!!! So after paying my $50 it takes these clowns up to 14 days to bring up my file, attach it to my email and click "send" Abysmal is the only word that comes to mind.
Now Jump the ditch and in good ol Kiwiland, I can go for a medical, and assuming the bloods are done, I'll have my medical and walk out an hour later with my new med cert and therefore renewed licence for another year. Oh and a letter of verification?? No probs, just call your friendly and EFFICIENT CAA office, lodge your request and they will DO IT THERE AND THEN click send and all for free!!! Go Figure. Rocket? Wrecking Ball more likely.