PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK NPAS discussion thread: Mk 4
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2013, 22:47
Ye Olde Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A thirty second google map search shows this potential search area.

Even at a steady 4mph the potential areas that boat could have made it to are huge, most of them don't have a footpath or roadway anywhere near them. The most obvious resource is...............yes a helicopter. Now i'm not good at boats but again a quick google found this even second hand its £87,000!!!
Now if I had a £87,000 anything, I and I'm sure my insurance company would want the Police to at least put some effort into finding it.
I seem to remember somewhere in the dim and distant past being told it is the duty of the police to detect and recover stolen property.
Get real you halfwit. Stick to journalism and leave Police work to.......the Police.
As a taxpayer I would like to see an independent review panel to monitor and curtail the excesses of so called journalism in all it's forms..............but it's probably never gonna happen.
Rant over back to painting the wall.
Nice to know the police do a financial assessment before they launch. Detect and recover stolen property as you say. Get real ...they issue crime numbers for insurance claims.
Now if I had a £87,000 anything, I and I'm sure my insurance company would want the Police to at least put some effort into finding it.
I'd better phone my insurance company to get the chopper in the air the next time my ride on mower valued at £3k is pinched then.The boat owner in question kicked up a stink but the boat was insured. Are you saying if it was a stolen moped the police would launch the helicopter?

Poor mugged/robbed average people can't just get Jamie Theakston to voice over the heli hero's to save them.
The money spent on that stupid use of police resources would have been better used elsewhere.
Lord Stevens backs me on my approach.
BBC News - 'Abolish' Police and Crime Commissioners report urges
His review
recommends that some police forces are merged.
It says the current 43-force structure is "untenable".
The review suggests the Inspectorate of Constabulary and Independent Police Complaints Commission are replaced, and a focus on neighbourhood policing is also being urged.