PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is John Howard Doing The Right Thing
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2003, 07:18
Wingletts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Avaition doldrums

Hi all,
Like many of you I agree with some of the opinions expressed on this post. It is a sad reality that the world is really in a state of turmoil and seems to be influenced so much by the effects of the fear that S11 and War have brought about! We cant exactly say that things have been the same since that terrible week of S11.
I too am ex-Ansett (ex kendell) and miss my flying terribly - for ex AN people, that week in Sept was a double wammy as the world spinned out of control with fear, and here in Australia at Ansett we all had the carpet ripped from underneath our feet having our dream jobs taken from us. It was so surreal and I can honestly say in many ways life just hasnt been the same since even though I am lucky enough to have a career to fall back on.I have met so many out there who feel exactly the same. Needless to say they have all made the best of their circumstances and are very strong characters for what they have all been through.

I too sympathise with Evacuate as i know how frustrating it is to have something you have worked so hard for and are passionate about taken away from you and then not feel v happy with what you have chosen as an alternative career. Unfortunaelty in the current volatile aviation market we cant expect to land avaition jobs just b/c we are ex-Ansett. For us and amny others who are trying toget into the industry from scratch, war and the threat od terroism is just another streak of bad luck in the chain of trying to break back into the immortal world of flying!
Personally it's very exasperating, however we all know that there are always those who are far worse off, and in this case we known that it's the peopel of Iraq and the soldiers that are trying so hard to do their jobs.
We can only hope and pray that things get better.
Hang in there Evacuate!
Wingletts