PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Females can not march like men....
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2013, 07:49
Ken Scott

Received 146 Likes on 28 Posts
In my time at Cranwell (80s) Med Holding Flt was chock full of guys & gals who were injured during training, including some who never recovered. There were plenty of people who picked up injuries, were given a fist full of Brufen & told to 'get on with it'. A number were med discharged as a result of being forced to carry on whilst injured.

I'm not suggesting this scenario was correct but it is possible in a military force that an individual might have to press through pain (fighting whilst injured on ops?). One of these ladies ended up as a legal secretary so she probably earns more than she would have in the RAF so should she in fact have to pay the difference back to the RAF? What precisely are they being compensated for? Loss of earnings? (See above). Injury? (possibly, but does it still hurt after all these years?) Emotional trauma? (they couldn't make the grade anyway).

It is too easy to say 'I was going to be ATC not frontline infantry' but we're all a military force & no one gets a by on doing CCS because they work in an office. Tens of thousands of ladies had marched before without 'life changing injuries' so it's ridiculous to pay compensation at these levels, the original payout (£3000 ish) was sufficient for their level of injury & it's the legal system now robbing the taxpayer (not a victimless crime in my opinion).

Standing by for all those crippled ladies & gents from the 80s to start filing their compensation claims.......