PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 11
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2013, 00:22
DozyWannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Armchair
... but if it were the case and the electronics were going haywire, it could explain why the crew never acknowledged the alarms (requiring speaker failure) ...
I'm pretty sure (though not 100% certain) it's all mic-driven, with "hot mics" at the crew positions and one or more "cockpit area" mics. What I am sure of is that the electronics were not "going haywire", they behaved as designed throughout the sequence. The only technical issue was the icing over of the pitot tubes, and the ice melted, clearing the pitot tubes during the zoom climb.

Speaking of that, I do still wonder why the BEA neglected to include the "one hour sleep" reference and if there is more to the "privacy" excuses re CVR, legit or not.
CVR transcripts as appendices to investigative reports are routinely redacted. Redaction of material considered irrelevant to the actual conduct of the flight is commonplace, and the discussion of rest was part of a personal (i.e. non-essential) conversation. The talk of "one hour" rest did not, as I recall, refer to the total amount of rest the previous night, but to a different period of time. Another thing you'll routinely see redacted are expletives and unintelligible words.

@Winnerhofer - you do talk a lot of rubbish sometimes. First you claim the wife of the PF was present on the flight deck (for which there is no evidence), and now you're saying Airbus are aiming for a "blameless" report when there is no evidence to suggest that. What is suspect about the so-called "Judicial Experts" report is that it was performed at the behest of the SNPL.