PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Class Rating Instructor Minimum Hours
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2013, 21:56
squawking 7700

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did the course with 325hrs and I'd flown quite a few types but also with some gliding experience.
Had I just been flying Cessna's in a straight line the flying side of the course would've been a shock but having done plenty of stalling & spinning it was good fun.
The other aspect was that I always thought I kept my circuit skills up and PFL's usually practicing something every month so again, when it came to the flying side I didn't find it too difficult.
I did think I'd blown the flying test though but obviously passed.

It pays to have a thorough PPL knowledge, say, know the Trevor Thom books inside out, be up to speed with licencing and revalidation (if anyone can keep up at the moment) and being able to present board briefs with confidence.

In my opinion there's more to it than just hours - empathy, understanding someone else issues adapting your style, applying yourself to the task in hand and plain common sense.

I have a full time job but I do alright with a CRI rating doing some adhoc stuff for two flying schools plus revals for individuals and conversions.
I also use my rating on SLMG's and could also on microlights.

Everyone has to start somewhere despite what some might think.