PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - State of play at MyTravel/Kestrel
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2003, 02:48
Jack The Lad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortunate media coverage here. Given an already 'jiterry market' concerning MYT, extra adverse publicity by the media can only damage an already vunerable share price! Case of a 'self-fullfilling prophesy!', which the airline needs like a hole in the head right now.

Friday's are always a classic day for an airline to go to the wall, if its going to happen, normally driven by the banks, before the executioners go off for their weekends! Also, if it was 'Belgrano induced', my guess is that it would have happened before lunchtime on Friday. Ever tried contacting anyone at the Belgrano after lunch on a Friday?? The phones just ring or go into auto-answer mode. They have long gone for their comfortable weekend retreat! Also, the guys that come and seize aircraft are also on sabatical!

I hope the media coverage is none other than the usual b*sh!T designed to create more confusion and discomfort in an already troubled market! Does it really sell more papers? Shame on the lot of them! Of course, I could be proved wrong here