PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC225
Thread: EC225
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2013, 13:39
gnow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HC,

Thanks for the response. Actually my super sensitive butt felt another indication of late engagement of the No 2 eng. Last week on one of our machines .The advice from the tech rep was " Start No 2 Eng first and if there is no kick/ yaw on the engagement you can go for your mission " ! Anyway I did the ground run and sure enough there was no yaw but when I put No 2 eng to idle and then to flight a yaw was felt. Engineering did not find any yaw or Nf / Nr mismatch when the Hums was downloaded. I am not convinced by the tech rep s advice and had a good debate over it with the engineers. Trouble is the pilots doing the runs after me do not have sensitive butts !

The last time when we had an over speed due to the freewheel it was during an EPC check which was at MCP.

In the early S61 N days we had several freewheel problems and finally we had a procedure to lubricate the system via the emergency lube prior to starting and we always start no 2 Eng first.

By the way we are on the power by the hours for our components so it is no question of third party. However, the airframe hrs is about close to 2000 hrs so I presume it must be on the original gearbox.