PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Females can not march like men....
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2013, 11:12
Jimlad1

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
As I understand it the issue is that in mixed groups the pace is 27". The instructors chose not to follow the clear rules and instead forced the women to march at 30", causing them injuries which led to their being medically discharged.

If an engineer wilfully ignored regulations, putting in place a change which caused an aircraft to crash then people here would be very angry. In this case a group of service personnel in an environment where they have enormous exposure and influence to trainees who are pretty vulnerable people have decided that they know better than the regulations.

Their actions caused physical injury, cost the MOD a lot of money in compensation and presumably wasted the money for not only getting the recruits in, but then having to replace them.

To add insult to injury, some people seem to be blaming those who were injured for trying to rightly in my view seek compensation for loss of earnings caused by what I would personally view as an abuse of position from people who should have known better.

The people at fault here are those who chose to break the rules set up deliberately to prevent this sort of thing from happening and no one else.