PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cranfield Flight School :(
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2013, 08:48
spaflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cranfield Flight School :(

Yesterday had one of the most disgusting experiences with Crranfield School. After 8 weeks in row trying to rent an airplane, after doing my check ride with the school, 2 of them where cancel due "maintenance" (always on weekend... ? but ok).. and the other one by meteo (nothing to say about this). I reserved one for yesterday, and called during all week (Monday, Wednesday, and Friday)

On the way to Cranfield, I called at 10:58 (as the rental was from 11:00 to 13:00, to let them now that we where 5 minutes away due traffic on M1 junction) and the person on the telephone, told me that airplane was given to someone as I wasn't the on time! Hey it's not yet 11! and that's why I' calling), after some argue by telephone the person told that ok he will hold it for me. My first surprise was that at 11:04 the airplane was not on the field, but maybe was on his way back or somewhere else), and after arriving on reception. the person was really un polite with me, yelling, he ask me for logbook and after checking he says I cannot fly because my flight was 48 days before, and on his words: THE LAW DOES NOT ALLOW YOU... after showing CAA and FAA documentation saying that this is not true (90 days, 3 TO and 3 Landings) he says well then it's our LAW.

Once again this was in a really bad manner, and I ask him if there's any document that I've signed where states so, and even it's true, that I have the feeling that he was just putting excuses as the airplane was gone, so I ask for a document where is stated so. In my expedient there was like 4 documents, all with my signature, but none of them says anything about it, and then he handle me a document where it says if you didn't fly for 28 days, then you are at discretion of FI, if it's more than 60 days then Checkride id required, although was not signed by me!!! After a chat with the Instructor who gave me the Checkride, I accept to do one circuit to be signed off again. Then pass the telephone to the person on the counter and

Surprise!!! reply: YOU ARE NOT FLYING BECAUSE I DON'T WANT OVER, and I don't need yo justify anything to you why.

What a big disappoint, after 3 weeks canceled, and traveling to Cranfield, get this reply and in this maner! I would understand if he would told me listen, we give it to someone, as we though you where not coming, I'm sorry for that.. or whatever, but not this way!

Now they lost a customer, as I was planning to do my CPL and ME with them.