PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Qantaslink Traineeship/Cadetship/General Employment
Old 24th Nov 2013, 08:27
Humbly Reserved

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Current Status of Active Hold and hourly requirements

Hey, long time reader first time poster.

I know for a fact that they are experimenting at the moment with taking various levels of experience, also the last two adv entry courses they ran had candidates with no less than 1000 hours each. And with them cutting the foundation course. It would appear this is what they are working towards.

Although it would seem this approach has had mixed results with some problems showing up at ground school and FTA. Several candidates failed their LOE and half of the September course got axed in the final week of FTA with next to no notice.

I personally know of at least 6 people who have around 500 hours or less who have been on active hold at both ends of Adelaide (before and after) with no contact for at least 6 months or more. What a way to treat someone...

There are various reasons for this but I do know there is a big backlog for the Q400 sim with some 50 people on active hold waiting for spots to open up, undoubtedly this is the reason why all simulator assessment sessions are now done in the 300 sim. There is also a 400 sim that is being assessed in Japan to see whether they can use that, previously Canada was used but that blew out the budget something fierce.

Toodles