PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Not flowing freely!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2013, 19:51
JimR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Over the years I've had a few PSA tests and have come to the conclusion that I'm not going to take much notice of them any more. Over the last 15 years the level has varied between 3.3 and 6.0 ng/mL.
11 years ago when it was 6.0 I went for a biopsy. The result was negative thank goodness, so I'm not sure why the high reading. I remember mostly a difference of opinion with the doctor as to what his and my idea of pain was when he inserted the instrument up the the nether regions.
In June this year it was up to 5.4 again. Doc seemed to think everything felt ok with a DRE.
Normally, I take the bus down to the clinic, but last week decided to take the car for a repeat PSA test. The journey can be a bit bumpy on some of the roads here and so, having read that riding a bike should be avoided before the test, reasoned that maybe a more comfortable ride in the car might help. Result 4.0; the lowest its been since 2008. Doc still thinks that I should see a urologist, but quite honestly I can't see why since I'm almost 69. Yes the water has slowed a bit, but not too bad as far as I'm concerned.