PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 11
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2013, 16:44
HazelNuts39

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Chris,

Thanks for your refinements of my translation. On many french 'peages' you pass a toll station at entry where you take a ticket, and again at the end where you pay the toll. The 'strips' are also present on lesser roads to force drivers to slow down before dangerous sections.

I reduced the size of the graphic only slightly, the resolution of the original is hardly better. The grid is 1 sec by 0.2 g, the scale markings on the left are from 1.0 to 1.4 g. The upper trace is for the pilot seat, the middle one near the center of gravity and the lower one in the rear of the cabin.

Yes, the judiciary experts participated in a test flight of an A340, an A330 rated pilot in the left seat and the Airbus pilot in the right seat. The testflight was preceded by a simulator session and the objectives were to evaluate:
-- experience "Deterrent Buffet"
-- for the three 'expert' pilots to appreciate manual piloting in normal, alternate and direct law at low and high altitude
-- apply the procedures for "IAS Douteuse" and "Stall Warning" at high altitude.

As to the test flight buffet being LESS or MORE severe as AF447 I leave the interpretation of the French text to you. In the "Commentaire d'experts" at the end they write:
"Le ressenti du deterrent buffet varie en cabine selon le positionnement des passagers. On ne peut pas affirmer qu'a l'approche du decrochage du vol AF 447, les conditions de vitesse et de taux de prise d'incidence aient genere de facon similaire les sensations du deterrent buffet. Celles-ci n'apparaissent pas de facon evidentes sur le FDR".