PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Real Reason for War (Angry)
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2003, 22:57
Danny

aka Capt PPRuNe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Please remember that the new moderators for this forum are primarily here to moderate for security issues. They are still finding their feet and and there will be the occasional blooper. Overall you shouldn't see any moderation and the few instances that have happened over the last week are exceptions rather than the rule.

As for the rest of the conspiracy theorists, you may find that occasionally a thread will be merged into an exisiting one. This is done to make my work easier and also to tidy up the forum. At the moment there must be 20 threads about the war in Iraq. As you will know, there are always some people who are unable to keep to the topic of a thread and if I am not careful I end up with 20 or more threads discussing 100 different topics which may have some microscopic link to the war in Iraq.

What I don't need is muppets who can't figure this out for themselves and end up duplicating threads more than once. The thread referenced to at the beginning of this thread and again duplicated for the fourth time on PPRuNe is a typical example. It was already posted a few weeks ago and discussed on the very long Iraq thread in Jet Blast. It was pointed out that it had been discussed but some people are unable to accept that they were not involved in that discussion and then go and take umbridge and accuse me or my mods of somehow conspiring to supress the article which is absolutely not the case. Trouble is that you can't convince the conspiracy theorists that we are'nt out to get them.

So, with all that in mind, I'll let this thread run again, until it gets so diverted from the main topic that it either merges with another thread or gets closed. It's bad enough dealing with the hack attempts without having to babysit some people on here who are unable to figure out the correct forum etiquette!

The thing that worries me is (and this will probably get the thread pulled - so print it now if you think it matters - I have)
...pathetic!