PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline pilots with influence wanted
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2003, 22:22
sarboy w****r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airline pilots with influence wanted

Those of you who have been in the Services will be aware of the sense of family that exists within the Forces, and that we try very hard to look after our own. This is why I turn to you, as fellow pilots, and ask for your assistance.

I am looking for anyone who works for the airlines to make contact with me if they can help with providing influence or contacts regarding obtaining reduced cost flights from the UK to the States for a family of 4 (not mine, before you ask). I don't wish to go into details in a public forum such as this, but suffice to say the need is both very genuine and time critical, and involves a terminally ill 11 year old girl.

If the airlines are anything like the RAF, then the direct approach (which has been tried, unsuccessfully) will often fail, and a subtler, back door route is called for. My colleagues and I are all digging deep financially, but what is really needed is help in contacting the right person in a benevolent airline. Who knows, it might even be you. If you can provide genuine information or advice then please make contact privately.

Thank you.