PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian B737 Pilot selection (Updated)
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2013, 11:40
Looker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Command prospects at Norwegian

To add to SR71's post.

There are at least a couple of FO's now actually undertaking command line training at LGW and I believe 4 of the FO's who recently passed the command evaluation will start command line training in January '14.

It seems that whilst the DEC is still operating, Norwegian are equally keen to get FO's into the LHS. So I would say command prospects are good to excellent and with 200 new aircraft coming they're going to need a lot of captains. LGW is going to be a big Norwegian base so more aircraft to arrive there in 2014.

As for quality of life at LGW - it has certainly improved with the 5/4 roster trial. I have 14 days off per month in Nov & Dec which is 2 days more per month than the contract offers. However, even with a weeks leave in Dec I'm still rostered 75 hours so I think they're getting their money's worth.
Training dept is very good, emphasis on teaching rather than testing, crew food, free uniform, good remuneration and permanent employment on the horizon. Overall I'm very happy and plenty of others are too.