PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aerolineas Argentinas low level flyby on revenue flight
Old 23rd Nov 2013, 00:28
Oilhead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have no objection to people wanting to do fly-bys - some of them are quite fun - in Spitfires, F4's etc. flown by professional air display pilots, not some frustrated and bored old git wanting to have one last rather pathetic attempt at getting a boner on the way out the door.

My point in this concerns the poor bloody passengers in the back being taken on a ride like this totally against their will and expectations. While some might find a flyby, or whatever you want to call it, a fun story to tell later, other passengers are scared witless to start with on just a normal flight, and my objection is that they have no vote in the matter.

I have done plenty of things in appropriate planes that are fun to do and to witness from the ground, but on my own or with a student etc. - certainly no one in the back. I chose not to inflict this stuff on people who are utterly unprepared and unbriefed for such surprises, and are being held hostage to the Captain's fragile ego.

FWIW my airline quite rightly has very clear and predictable language in the FOM about "style of flying" etc.

Last edited by Oilhead; 23rd Nov 2013 at 00:39.