PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From airline to corporate jet pilot
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2013, 16:48
60N

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Been in both seats

I started my career in the airlines (regional, f/o), then went on large business aircraft (private, f/o then cpt.) and now going back in the airlines (legacy, f/o).

I would put it this way - it depends on what kind of airline it is and what type of bizjet job it is.

In my view, a large bizjet job is usually better than low-cost or regional airline but would struggle to beat a good legacy carrier job (if you are young enough to make it up the sniority ladder).

It also down to your own personality - some people find it hard to work in a large organization and some people struggle to work one-on-one with the customer/owner.

Another thing - even if you find your dream corporate/private job, it will probably not last for the rest of your career, so at some point you will be looking for a job again and would take whatever is available and your lifestyle/pay might change for the worse.

On the other hand - once cpt. on a large bizjet, you would usually land a job as cpt. again, something that would never happen in a major airline.

I made my move, I believe I can always reverse it if unhappy.

Good luck.