PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL theory questions
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2013, 16:03
RichardH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Lauren, I am not surprised you want an explanation!. I quote the JAA LOS

061 01 04 05 Gridlines, isogrives
LO Explain the purpose of a Grid north (GN) based on a suitable meridian on a polar stereographic chart. (reference or datum meridian).
Grid questions should only be asked in relation to polar charts not Lamberts. You are potentially going to waste hours of time trying to sort out questions 1 to 3.

Even Q4 is somewhat obtuse but unless I am having a bad day its 45E. To understand PS questions these are best done by drawing diagrams. However there is always a relationship between GRID, TRUE, LONGITUDE. 175-93=82-37=45.

These questions usually ask what is the grid or true depending on north or south polar with grid aligned on either prime or anti-meridian. Certainly nowhere near as tricky as these questions.

Your FTOs notes should cover all that's required for PS charts and grid - refer back to them. Also try looking the the Polar 5AT chart in the Jeppesen and drawing some tracks between places, measure true then grid. Bit hard to explain in a written reply.

However if you have no joy then PM me as I have a dummies guide to PS charts you can have.

Last edited by RichardH; 22nd Nov 2013 at 17:14.