PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BZZ
Thread: BZZ
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2013, 14:43
BEagle

Received 273 Likes on 111 Posts
Why, O why do the movers use the grammatically and euphonically incorrect 'Sirs, Ma'ams, ladies and Gentlemen' when simply Ladies and Gentlemen would suffice?
When I used to PA the pax, I found it simpler just to say "Hello everybody" - no messing about with morning/afternoon/evening/males/females/senior orifices etc.....

I thought it was a good fly-on-the-wall documentary and struck a good balance. Much better than other efforts.

Re. Ryanair, I will never fly with them - but not because of any safety concerns. Their crews are well-trained and their SOPs are entirely in accordance with Part-OPS. Including alternate and final reserve fuel requirements!! The ridiculous Ch4 documentary was grossly misrepresentative and was a classic example of the worst type of TV sensationalism. No, the only reason why I won't fly with them is their level of customer service.

Incidentally, Party Animal, I'm not aware that there's more than one company operating the underground rail system available in London? So comparison with the airlines is hardly fair.