PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Excuse my ignorance
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2013, 18:41
TomJoad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nutloose, ultimately anything can be accomplished with the stroke of a pen - if the willingness to sign the cheque was there,funds to back it up, and the manning cap limit was removed sure. The introduction of SAC(T) was cost neutral - the clever part was achieving the posting of the individual from the Sqn's establishment so that the Sqn would not need to carry the loss. The manning headroom to do this was found by redesigning the old FT courses.
Trust me, that was a massive improvement over the old system. Being posted back to a different unit can equally be argued to be a positive - the individual has a new sheet from which to build his/her reputation - a good start to his/her new position. When all is said and done I think the new system works well and was overdue in terms of how it better matches the needs of the service today. I was at High Wycombe when the LTR team came round to brief and everyone in the audience accepted the rational for SAC(T) as an obvious direction to go - there was a lot of cautious hesitation though regarding the proposals for multiskilling.