PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Life after Lion Air
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2013, 10:34
Stalker_

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let's not dwell on whether it's the right way or the wrong way etc its "a way " for sure and a fair few ex=lion pilots have good jobs now, and I'm sure there families are very proud etc.

As for the hard work and correct attitude way, well I don't know of any airlines that took a pilot on because they had these qualities, all most of them care about are you flight hours these days, sure once you get invited to interview these qualities will give you an advantage.. sure.

Even if you have the hour requirements via instructing/bush flying etc that still does not fill the blank of the jet time required, a real catch 22 which will boggle new pilots for years to come.

I had a nice little job on the King Air out of Africa a few years ago, one day a chap came in to the office, said he had 50 hours on type and would work for food and water to get his hours up, I was let go a few weeks later and they took this guy on instead!!

point being this industry is full of corrupt injustice pain hurt frustration un-fairness, but the sheer love of flight keeps us coming back for more!! flying is a pure passion, I have never met a pilot that was not 100% committed to flying.

If you can get paid along the way it becomes the ultimate satisfaction!! as you will basically never "Work" again!! and believe me that's a nice feeling, especially if you have had the jobs I have had over the years, Kitchens, Taxis, parcel delivery!! no life man!