PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Giving out SS Number
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2013, 10:12
Boeingrestricted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
v1r8

The fact that you have a dual citizenship does not relief you from your tax obligation. Since you for the time being will not be taxed in Europe on earnings, explicitly means that you will HAVE to pay tax in the US. You can not hide behind the agreements that EU/US have, regarding dual taxation treaties. As a matter of fact dual citizenship exposes an individual to more rules and regulations, you have less rights but more obligations . And this is for the time being, because this will change in the EU as well in the, I would say foreseeable future. You will get taxed as well. the herds will pay any way. Nobody asks the question/request. WHY? or 'I want to have a free choice' of the like 'I don't want any of your services and I don't want to pay any of your taxes' or having the option to declare oneself a 'sovereign citizen'
etc. etc. etc. Until then you WILL pay unless you are prepared to dodge and bear with the consequences.: suspect:
Oh and taylor01 the article explicitly implies any amount over 10000$ at any given time, no duration required for availability.