PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Truss: Aviation Safety Regulation Review
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2013, 22:19
Sarcs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil Wazza's IOS membership review pending??

Frank:
An accurate assessment, which is what some of the players want to hear, but it's not what is needed to fix a broken "thing" (and I use "thing" for impact). I work on the theory of maintaining an irritant until someone starts to scratch. The IOS are quiet capable of throwing more flea's onto the dog yet and until the fat lady sings it isn't over. While CASA loom menacingly on the horizon, it pays to nip the problem in the bud and put the shoe on the other foot so we can clean the rot and make the place clean as a whistle.
Love it Frank! Flea's and dogs..hmm don't wascily wabbits also sometimes get afflicted with fleas, maybe the minister should call in Flick to fumigate the FF wabbit warren??

By the way the semi-disgraced old bugger MP on the end of the railway track has submitted the following in support of his IOS membership submission :
FNQ aviation industry urged to speak up

THE Australian Government’s Aviation Safety Regulation Review will give local aviation businesses the opportunity to expose CASA’s regulatory and procedural failures, says Leichhardt MP Warren Entsch.

The Hon Warren Truss MP, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Infrastructure and Regional Development, has recently released the review’s Terms of Reference.

“I welcome the minister’s Review,” Mr Entsch said today.

“The Terms of Reference outline how the panel will consult closely with general aviation, industry and public stakeholders. This will provide an opportunity for operators like Barrier Aviation – and others from around Australia who have contacted me – to provide information on the appalling way in which they have been treated by CASA officers.

“The fact that they will be dealing with a panel of well-respected overseas experts should mean that at least they will get a fair hearing, unlike the blatant prejudice to which they’ve been subjected to date.”

Mr Entsch has used Barrier Aviation for many years and the airline's suspension as a result of a drawn-out CASA inquiry has had a significant impact on charter availability around the Far North.(NB: accompanying text with the pic)

Mr Entsch said the Government had a clear policy of reducing the cost of regulation to business and this goal will be part of the review.

“It’ll also examine the matters that were raised by the Senate Rural and Regional Affairs and Transport Committee’s Inquiry into Aviation Accident Investigations. I know that a number of issues with our air safety regime were highlighted and there needs to be further consideration of those.”

The review will examine how well Australia’s regulatory system is positioned to ensure we remain at the forefront of aviation safety globally. It will consider the structures, effectiveness and processes of all agencies involved in aviation safety, and the relationships and interactions of those agencies as they work together in one system.

It will also consider the outcomes and direction of the regulatory reform process undertaken by CASA and it will benchmark our safety regulations and regulatory system against other leading countries.

A period of public consultation will take place over coming months and the Panel will report its findings in May 2014.

“I would absolutely encourage anyone who has had an issue with CASA procedures - and in particular their officers - to put in a submission,” Mr Entsch said.

“In addition, if they have experienced repeated and unresolved problems with individuals within CASA, they can give evidence in Canberra and name them. Testimony will be subject to parliamentary privilege and cannot be intimidated by legal threats.”

To view the full Terms of Reference, click here
Hmm..he's got my vote!