PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 6
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 6
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2013, 21:13
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PK/EK/QR/AEE/PA/TK

getonittt

Aegean still not officially announced but is still bookable on various sites although not the main one however the press release is still there.

Westjet

I would take the press release with a pinch of salt re the destinations certainly what many of us should have done with the QR CEO's wonderous claims last year.

Air Blue It was always a tough ask from nil to a 342 seat A343 with competition on the route. I could have swore Manchester was a 319 for six or seven years and in that time have PIA reduced? PK at BHX will at least get a bit of rest bite, as Air Blue did have some stunning loads but obviosly not enough. The October stats were promising but the A343 is hardly the most economic of aircraft gracing the skies - I do know that economics are not always a factor with some airlines but maybe an A319 via Turkey would have been a better way to start the service?

justplanecrazy84 QR "no competition" at EDI is not quite true with Turkish and of course their new alliance partner could be the biggest loser - BA. There is a good chance that BA are currently taking a lot of their potential pax via Heathrow but I know not sure AAB will be losing any sleep about that. QR will do well at EDI despite the curious start date (slap bang in the middle of the low season followed by Ramadan).

Emirates I think QR would have give them something to think about which presently they seem to be having an easy ride.

Turkish Double daily still not bookable - anybody if this is definite and not just from slot proposals?

Pete