PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 6
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 6
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2013, 18:18
nigel osborne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATNOTTS.

Andrew

Yes you are right Qatar was never nailed on to come to BHX.

However the fact they named BHX as an airport they wanted to fly into and did not name the two other UK airports..yet don't start at BHX but from EDI which wasn't named by them before is disappointing.

I can understand where your coming from about not watering down the other airlines that fly to the region, however you really do seem to like your Status Quos.

I would have said that the TK and Emirates loads are consistently good and sustained to be able to absorb another carrier.

I suspect its far more about them joining One World and BHX doesn't do One World.

BA have not hidden their anger over earlier BHX boast to become LHR 3rd runway, and BAs turse reply to that was well covered in the local media here,did BA get an input into Qatars decision as claimed on other lists today ?

As for Air Blue, very confusing surely they knew how many planes they needed when they started so how all of a sudden do they not have enough planes.Something fishy

EDI.. what can you say..well done to them announcing three new long haul airlines in 7 days

Nigel