PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2013, 09:24
Cactusjack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An unbiased comment

I don't think the sympathy cry to arms by Alan will do jacks#it these days.
Perhaps a couple of years ago, but not now. And you know why? Because quite simply Qantas is no longer Qantas. It has been assaulted, trashed, stained and completely ruined for the sole purpose of filling the pockets of a handful of interests. The general service, quality, standards and everything else that made it Qantas has been decimated. Why fly QF and receive that level of standard when I can fly Tiger at a cheaper rate Domestically for the same crap service?
I recently flew to Dubai with Royal Brunei and the food, leg room and service was better than what I received with QF 3 months earlier flying to LA, I kid you not. And 2 months prior to the LA trip I flew again to LA but with VA, and that return flight also pi#sed all over QF hands down, on all levels! I say this as I was a VA hater and had loyally stuck by QF for over 20 years. Not anymore! For this traveller Qantas does not offer anything above the other carriers, except higher fares. As far as a lot of people are concerned there is no longer an emotional attachment to QF. QF is just another two cent airline that you fly with out of necessity.
I do feel for the good staff who have had to endure 5years of the airlines decline in quality, mass redundancies, self induced grounding etc etc but the public no longer give a stuff. Only, or should I say possibly with a complete change of the executive management and a commitment from the new management team to rebuild the airline does the old Roo stand a slight chance of turning back the clock.