PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bad Company
Thread: Bad Company
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2003, 01:57
Covenant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad Company

I have noticed more than one reference to "cowardly" Americans who have stopped flying because of the war.

I would like to suggest that the biggest threat to airlines as a result of the conflict in Iraq comes from those companies who decide to put a moritorium on any international business flights. Business travel is the lifeblood of airlines, or so I am led to believe, and particulalry the lucrative transatlantic routes. To slash into these markets at this time must be a huge blow to the airlines.

Many Americans would, I'm sure, be happy to continue to travel to Europe and elsewhere during and after the conflict, but have been stopped from doing so by their overweening companies, who more than likely have other motives than simply concern for their employees' welfare!

I know of at least one British-based multinational pharmaceutical giant that has implemented such a policy recently (at least for its American employees). Are there any other companies doing the same thing that we would like to name and shame?