PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Proviation customer care problems
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2013, 13:12
PaulKerry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn. I wish I had seen this thread earlier.
You're not alone, Anders.
When I purchased from Bloviation, he was claiming on his site that he had a 5* "Excellent" TrustPilot rating. If only I'd bothered to actually go and look at TP, I'd have seen that his website was not reflecting objective reality. That might have given me a big clue that I should avoid this shyster like the plague.

I was the one with the 700£ headset. Or rather lack there off.
I'm glad that you managed to find this thread eventually. At least here, Nick cannot simply make posts disappear into the void (as long as we respect the T&C of PPRuNe, of course).

How long can I expect for my trustpilot review to be under investgation?
In my experience, TP will probably contact you and ask you to prove that you are a genuine customer. This may take a few days or a few weeks. I would advise contacting TrustPilot and informing them that you were asked to remove your review and that it was subsequently flagged - To the best of my knowledge, companies should not be trying to influence customers in this way.
You'll notice that Nick is very quick to acknowledge positive reviews as "confirmed purchasers" but appears reticent to do so with negative reviews.

Nick asked me to take it down for the time beeing,
Yes. He asked me to remove mine, too - twice. The second time he offered me what can only be described as a bribe (probably one of his worthless vouchers). I refused and within moments of my refusal my review went "pooooof"... His claims that he is not removing reviews are contrary to the evidence.

or untill we could figure out where the refund went(sage pay).
... Delay tactics. What he hasn't told you is that you are only allowed to review each company once.

If you remove your review, it may be that you are prevented from posting another review for the same company. Don't hold me to that though.

Guess I dont need to now. He took matters in his own hands. He actually asked me to open up a credit card dispute to get my money back... Which I intend to do today. And if that dosn't work, small claims court.
That is probably the best action all round. If the credit card companies get many such charge-back claims, they may black-list him. It is about time that they did. You should also report your experiences to the Trading Standards authority in the UK (I think you'll need the Luton office) and direct them to this thread and to the TP reviews so that they can see the history.

I hope you get your money back sooner rather than later.

Paul..