PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AS332L2 Ditching off Shetland: 23rd August 2013
Old 19th Nov 2013, 07:52
LOZZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HC,

I'm interested to learn what you think the development path should be for those aspiring to fly over the NS?

Clearly not everyone who chooses to aim for that is minted and some spend many years in other lines of work in order to be able to fund their training and survive on bare essentials during the time that takes.

I would imagine to make such a life decision one believes one has the necessary qualities in respect of personality, aptitude, motivation and much more besides; however sounds like that may not always be the case come the time to fly. So how can those heading in that direction discover before embarking on such a journey in the first place whether they indeed do have what it takes, or the ability to develop it?

Also I'm sure there are some, who have been reading this thread every other day since it started, that would want to know if we are likely to see a shift in the employment requirements or approach of the main operators around the NS; do you envisage any changes in this regard further to this accident?

best wishes
Lozz.