PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2013, 02:27
Stalins ugly Brother

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think most staff at QF agree that the Qantas sales act is outdated and for sure could be amended to allow Qantas to be more competitive in todays changed market.
But to now turn to your staff and ask for a call to arms by a CEO that over the last 5 years has destroyed jobs/careers, torn families apart, closed down the business for his own agenda, bent the truth (I woke up one morning and thought Hey, I might shut down the airline! No Cookies | The Courier-Mail ), embarrassed us/himself (Calling competitors bikes and BMW's Alan Joyce: alliance with Etihad vs Emirates like "offered bike before BMW" - Flights | hotels | frequent flyer | business class - Australian Business Traveller ) marginalised mainline to the extent that we have become irrelevant, undercut his staff by offshoring, gifted all but a token service to London to a competitor (Emirates) (who I may add in a recent interview with Geoffrey Thomas stated that the 777x would be a perfect aircraft for Per-Lon for Qantas Perth to London nonstop flights - The West Australian but I guarantee we won't see them as the flying will be done by anyone else.) Killing the share price, abandoning dividends and the list goes on.

As it's been stated this is not J* vs QF, or QF vs VB, or even QF vs everyone else. This is about a CEO vs QF and it's alienated staff that have been neglected for far to long and have basically lost all hope of a future with a once great airline. To us the damage was done internally well and truly before any other competitor got the chance to do it.

So Al, as stated before I will be doing my bit and sending an email to my Poli but it will be to support Qantas, not yourself. And I support AIPA's work in also playing apart to help save Qantas, but AIPA's support should come with a guarantee of your resignation.