PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Al Jazeera TV and the BBC
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2003, 22:34
Tigs2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flt Lt P Prune

Please explain why you have deemed it necessary to edit the final line of my previous text which has totally taken my closing statement out of context? The final line after my Comments about Al Jazeera was

' But we have got to stop being a bunch of Hypocritical Self Opinionated B******s' If you took offence to the term B******s (a word used liberally on this site) then why did you not just eliminate that word?

This site has lost a lot of credibility over the last 14 days or so with the opinions of moderators dictating what can and cannot be said. You stated that you had been made a moderator as a precaution to ensure that sensitive material was not being divulged that would compromise the saftey of our troops. I agree with that idea completely, however, what you have just displayed does not adhere to that principle. My comment was not in bad taste, and was not a security risk. It was broad brush and aimed at all of us to stop and think about what we are bitching and moaning about. You are setting a trend, from which there is no turning back. This site WAS a forum for free speech. Nothing I said was politically biased to one side or the other.

So what are we really reading now on this site? Our words? or our words after you have 'fettled' them to suit the way that you would say things?

No doubt this post will be edited or deleted.

These are sad sad days for PPRUNE.