PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAMBRIDGE
Thread: CAMBRIDGE
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2013, 21:18

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really want these flights to work as flying from Cambridge is a dream. I was also on the inaugural AMS flight and it was the most civilised of my life. My alarm went off after I'd have arrived at Stansted, and I've never cycled to an airport before.

I'm massively surprised by seeing more flights rather than less, though. I can't imagine why you'd fly to Paris when Eurostar is so easy (ok, so you have to walk a few hundred yards from Kings Cross to St P, but on the other hand it takes you to not Charles de Gaulle).

It can't work for short haul because I doubt there's a destination that attracts enough pax from CBG in its own right, and because if you have to change but there is a direct flight from STN (and lets face it, probably there is) then suddenly it's less hassle to go to STN.

That leaves either competing against LCCs using an S200 flying from an empty airport on cost (not likely) or chasing passengers changing onto long haul at an airport that might also attract a decent number of passengers itself is what's left. So that's Amsterdam covered...

... leaving me wondering what's with all the other places they're trying to fly to as well?

But of course I never said any of that, what I'd actually encourage them to do is start flights from CBG to RIX to connect with the Air Baltic network... just for me :-)